Mark Cohen, Mario Algaze, and The Photo Review Competition Winners
The Photo Review is a highly acclaimed critical journal of national scope and international readership. Publishing since 1976, the Photo Review covers photography events throughout the country and serves as a central resource for the Mid-Atlantic region. With incisive reviews, exciting portfolios, lively interviews, and the latest in books and exhibitions, The Photo Review semi-annual journal has earned a reputation as one of the best serious photography publications being produced today.
In past years, The Photo Review has presented previously unpublished images by Weegee, Duane Michals, and Frederick Sommer and catalogues for a James VanDerZee exhibition, a show of Lois Greenfield’s dynamic dance photographs, and the exhibition “Changing Visions of the American Landscape.” Most recently, we have extended our coverage to include the European scene, with reports from Documenta and Arles and regular reports from FotoFest.
Our writers have included A.D. Coleman, Stephen Perloff, Shelley Rice, Peter Hay Halpert, Barbara L. Michaels, Jean Dykstra, and Mark Power.
View Volume 29, Number 4 of the Journal.
Subscriptions are paired with The Photo Review Newsletter.
IN PAST ISSUES OF THE PHOTO REVIEW
- Jean Dykstra Haunts George Tice’s “Urban Landscape”
- Colette Copeland Plays Wendy Ewald’s Secret Games
- Frank Day Rides on Paul Fusco’s RFK Funeral Train
- Gary D. Saretzky Recalls Tom Maloney and U.S. Camera
- Joe Mills and Peter Boswell Rediscover Hannah Höch
- Barbara L. Michaels Visits “New York: Capital of Photography”
- Carole Glauber Interviews Michael Kenna
- Colette Copeland Reflects On “Here Is New York: A Democracy of Photographs”
- Diana Gaston Takes On Adam Fuss
- Nancy Brokaw Considers “Evidencing: Drawing with Light and Pixel”
- David Vestal Reads Rondal Partridge’s Quizzical Eye
- Frank Rodick Confronts Joel-Peter Witkin
- Helene Ryesky Interviews Stuart Rome
- Stephen Perloff Explores the Extraordinary Life and Work of Stanley Wulc
- CUBA! — images by Philadelphia photographers Susan Bank, David Graham, Eric and Kass Mencher, Laurence Salzmann, and Ron Tarver
- Camera Work: A Centennial Celebration
- Book Reviews and More
|The Photo Review Subscription Prices||1 Year||2 Years|
|Outside North America||$75||$140|